Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Alpine Valley Madness Volume 1

So this weekend two of my best friends and I packed up and road tripped it to Milwaukee for a two day Dave Matthews Band concert at Alpine Valley Amphitheatre in East Troy, WI. The first night we stopped in Iowa City to go downtown. We started drinkin at Tad's place at about 7 and went downtown at about 10. By the time we got there we were all pretty well shnockered. We went to the bar 808 and started out slow with a couple of beers, but before we knew it we were puttin down the jack and cokes and shots of whatever. We were all wasted, but Kyle was beginning to become unbelievably drunk. It seems that every time we go to Iowa City we get drunker than we've ever been before, which is nice. So at about 1 I went outside to get some air and saw Kyle leaning over on a bench just swaying like he had no idea what was going on. He was mumbling shit to this random dude sitting next to him. So I sat out there with him for a while until we saw some cops show up and inside the bar. Being that Kyle is only 20 I thought this would be the best time for us to leave. So I got his drunk ass up and tried my best to act sober so I could walk him back to the house. He stammered all the way back just mumbling random shit the whole way, but we made it eventually. When I got him to lay down on the couch he was out instantly. I was wide awak however, so I went into Tad's roommate's room and got even more wasted, one way or another, then went out on the other couch and passed the fuck out. About an hour later I got a call from Tad saying he wasn't going to be coming home that night because he was hookin up with some chick at her place, so I had to get my ass up at 7 the next morning and go pick him up from some house so we could get on the road.... Volume II will be out shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home